Tuesday 12 July 2011

Welcome to my first GratiTuesday...





Welcome to my first GratiTuesday

The idea is the brainchild of my dear friend over at  theknittygrittyhomestead as a way of appreciating and taking stock of the happy, lovely things in our lives for which we are grateful, so I'm joining her in this act. 

Anytime you see this sexy little button, you can click on it and it will link you to her lovely blog, where she is doing the same thing.

***

So, things I am grateful for today, huh?

***

Well, I've been pretty consumed with the horror that is my face today. It's still hot, itchy and so on. But I can see better, and the swelling has slipped down a little today, off the eyes and onto my cheeks, so I am grateful for that.

I'm grateful to have Herbie back with us after his belated birthday treat staying with his Granny and Grandad for a few fun-filled days, and for the fact that my mother-in-law drove him all the way here, and back again, since I can't drive right now and Pete was unable to leave work early today.  It's a 5 hour round trip for her, so hurray for Bernadette!

Today I'm really grateful for my husband Pete, who ordered these amazing flowers for me after I walked into his office late this afternoon and tearfully asked for a hug. 
He's such a peach.




I'm grateful for the fact that in spite of their constant bickering over  two tiny lego minifigures today, which were bought with shared pocket-money (BAD idea),  the boys were very cute and helpful too.




Looking around I found other stuff to be grateful for. My gorgeous new socks, hand knitted by a lovely friend. Thank you Julie! x




I'm grateful for the gift of some sensational sweet peas, and a beautiful beet from our garden, which found it's way into a tray of organic choccy beetroot brownies...



I'm really really grateful for all the good people in my life, and my lovely friends. You mean the world to me.

Ahhh, that's better. Thinking about all these things makes me feel much happier. I could keep going, sharing more and more pics of things I'm grateful for. But its late, and I'm up for some snacktime.

What are you grateful for today? 

xxx








5 comments:

  1. Nice list. I might jump on board with this idea. It always always helps to stop and take stock of the good things eh. Ps. sounds like you've got a lovely fellah there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm grateful to read the first link to GratiTuesday: You! Thanks for joining in. I find myself thinking of little gratitudes each day...like getting the clothes off the clothesline before a storm broke! Life is grand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! Being mindfully grateful is such a good excerise, it's so easy to be whiny about what's not going right for us, or what we don't have. And most of us really do have a lot of things to be grateful for. I think the more we do and give to others the more we'll have in return to be grateful for too.

    Love spreads around :-)

    Yay, let's get more people doing gratituesday, c'mon ladies, who else is on board?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm grateful for having such a lovely wonderful sister and brother who always listen to my little woes and give me the best advice, and best of all, really good HUGS!!! sandi xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, darling Sandi when I count my blessings I count you many times over. Love you loads :-) XXX

    ReplyDelete